ViscoLigno is a new drilling mud additive that was developed from oil palm lignocellulosic waste. ViscoLigno is formulated for drilling in the oil and gas industry. It is environmentally friendly and can withstand extreme conditions in deep oil well.
Compared to other conventional drilling mud chemical additives, ViscoLigno has the following advantages:
- good gelling and viscosity building abilities.
- can withstand high temperature (200 C).
- can maintain the pH level of drilling mud at the desired
level (8 to 10) at various temperatures.
- able to act as a corrosion retardant agent.
- can reduce the cost of drilling operations.
- can avoid the use of harmful chemicals that threaten the