5 MINDS FOR THE FUTURE
We live in a time of relentless change. The only thing that’s certain is that new challenges and opportunities will emerge that are virtually unimaginable today. How can we know which skills will be required to succeed?
In 5 Minds for the Future, bestselling author Howard Gardner shows how we will each need to master "five minds" that the fast-paced future will demand:
- The disciplined mind, to learn at least one profession, as well as the major thinking (science, math, history, etc.) behind it
- The synthesizing mind, to organized the massive amounts of information and communicate effectively to others
- The creating mind, to revel in unasked questions and uncover new phenomena and insightful apt answers
- The respectful mind, to appreciate the differences between human beings and understand and work with all persons
- The ethical mind, to fulfill one's responsibilities as both a worker and a citizen
Without these "minds," we risk being overwhelmed by information, unable to succeed in the workplace, and incapable of the judgement needed to thrive both personally and professionally. Complete with a substantial new introduction, Five Minds for the Future provides valuable tools for those looking ahead to the next generation of leaders - and for all of us striving to excel in a complex world. Howard Gardner cited by Foreign Policy magazine as one of the one hundred most influential public intellectuals in the world, and a MacArthur Fellowship recipient is the Hobbs Professor of Cognition and Education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.