- Mahathir Science Award
- Tropical Natural Resources
The Mahathir Science Award is bestowed on any scientists, institutions or organization worldwide in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems in the tropics through science and technology and to be awarded to the most deserving based on merit.
The Mahathir Science Awardee is selected by the Academy of Sciences Malaysia through an exhaustive vetting exercise. The selection of candidates is based on the candidate’s scientific breakthroughs, the originality of each candidate’s achievements, the impact of candidate’s achievements, including future impact and its significance in solving the problems of the tropics by improving the quality of life and contributing to the region’s prosperity.
Gold Medal and Certificate
A complete nomination must have the followings:
- Nomination Form
- Recent Photo of the Nominee
- Curriculum Vitae/Group Profile/Organisational Profile
- List of honours and awards
- List of products/services commercialised
- List of publication and patent (granted or pending)
- Supporting document such as paper clippings, announcements, et cetera.
- Supporting letter from each referee
- Supporting letter from the nominator
Please do not fax, but mail/e-mail the completed nomination form and supplemental materials, postmarked by 30 April 2017 to:
Mahathir Science Award Foundation c/o Academy of Sciences Malaysia
20th Floor, West Wing, MATRADE Tower, Jalan Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah, Off Jalan Tuanku Abdul Halim, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.